Monday, December 31, 2012

Our lessons

As we leave 2012 behind, I would love to know the greatest lessons you have learned from your animals. I am still a toddler in this walk, but have learned so much through the years, from humans and those who wear fur, feathers and many other "coats."

I remember a boss in the Dallas area who told me he didn't feel his day was complete unless and until he had learned one new thing each day. Isn't that a wonderful way to go through life?

My two biggest lessons (and ones I am still learning, believe me):
1. Slow down
2. Be present

What about you?

3 comments:

  1. I love your boss's attitude.

    My two big lessons:

    1) Carpe diem.
    2) You get out of life what you put into it.

    Many hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I bet Riley is all about carpe diem! And our dogs definitely encourage us to put everything into life to reap the biggest rewards - sometimes you win, sometimes you fail, and ALWAYS you try again.

    Thanks, Chris. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The biggest lesson I've learned from my dogs is to spend myself fully into what I'm doing.

    Happy New Year Dear PJ

    Dave

    ReplyDelete