Thursday, December 29, 2011

Sharing thoughts from a book I really liked

A few weeks ago, I happened upon a book at the bookstore that caught my eye. Of course! There were dogs on the cover!

The book is titled "Follow My Lead: What Training My Dogs Taught Me About Life, Love, and Happiness," and is written by California author Carol Quinn. It has a bright green cover with photos of her dogs. I would post it here, but for those pesky copyright laws ... :) I have included a photo of a Ridgeback though, courtesy of Creative Commons.   

Last week I began sharing selected quotes from the book that really spoke to me. I found I had/have many experiences in common with the author and some similar background (public relations careers, dogs, divorce), so it was natural I would relate to her writing. My plan is to continue to Tweet excerpts until I get through the book. My hope is to expand on those excerpts here to illustrate more how they relate to my life and my life with animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment